Other privacy policies:
- Read our EU-US Privacy Shield Policy
- Read our Survey Data Collection Privacy Policies
This website is provided by Hall & Partners. Registered Address: 85 Strand, London. WC2R 0DW. We take very seriously the privacy of our website users and the security of their personal information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We gather various types of information, including information that identifies or may identify you as an individual (“Personal Information”) as explained in more detail below.
Information You Provide to Us:
From Websites or Events: We may collect any Personal Information that you choose to send to us or provide to us, for example, on our “Request a Demo” (or similar) online form or if you register for a Hall & Partners webinar. If you contact us through the Websites, we will keep a record of our correspondence.
Information We Automatically Collect:
When you use the Websites: When you visit the Websites, we collect certain information related to your device, such as your device’s IP address, referring website, what pages your device visited, and the time that your device visited our Website.
For further information, please read the section below headed “Cookies and other Tracking Technologies” and/or read our Cookie Notice.
How do we use the information?
Websites or Events:
We will use the information we collect via our Websites:
- To administer our Website, our events and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, statistical and survey purposes;
- To improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- For trend monitoring, marketing and advertising;
- For purposes made clear to you at the time you submit your information – for example, to fulfil your request for a demo, to provide you with access to one of our webinar’s or whitepaper’s or to provide you with information you have requested about our Services; and
- As part of our efforts to keep our Website secure.
Our use of your Personal Information may be based on our legitimate interest to ensure network and information security, and for our direct marketing purposes, or you consenting to it (e.g. when you request a demo). For our customers, the use of personal data will be based on the contract we have in place.
All of the information you provide during an enquiry or application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements, if necessary.
We will not share any of the information you provide during the recruitment process with any third parties for marketing purposes, or store any of your information outside the European Economic Area. The information you provide will be held securely by us and/or our data processors, whether this information is in electronic or physical format.
We will use the contact details you provide to us to contact you to progress your application. We will use the other information you provide to assess your suitability for the role you have applied for.
If you are unsuccessful in your job application we will retain your information for 5 years after your application. If you are successful in your job application we will retain your information in line with our staff employment data protection policy.
The information we ask for is used to assess your suitability for employment. You don’t have to provide what we ask for but it might affect your application if you don’t.
EXERCISE YOUR RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you:
- Your right of access. If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, if so, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details). If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
- Your right to rectification. If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to erasure. You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable). If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the erasure where possible. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to restrict processing. You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us processing it. It won’t stop us from storing your personal information though. We’ll tell you before we lift any restriction. If we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
- Your right to data portability. With effect from 25 May 2018, you have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
- Your right to object. You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so, if we are:
- relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information, except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
- processing your personal information for direct marketing.
- Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Your right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). You can find details about how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.
If you would like to access, review, update, rectify, and delete any Personal Information we hold about you, or exercise any other data subject right available to you under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), fill out this Web Form. Our privacy team will examine your request and respond to you as quickly as possible.
Please note that we may still use any aggregated and de-identified Personal Information that does not identify any individual, and may also retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
We have a commitment to taking reasonable steps to ensure the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the appropriate use of information, we use appropriate technical, organizational and administrative security measures to protect any information we hold in our records from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Protecting the privacy of the young, i.e. children under the age of 13, is especially important. For that reason, we never collect or maintain information at our site from those we actually know are under 13, and no part of our site is structured to attract anyone under 13. If a child has provided us with personal information, we ask that a parent or guardian of the child contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if they would like the information submitted by the child deleted from our database. We will use all reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
PRIVACY PRECAUTIONARY WARNING
COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING ACTIVITIES
A cookie is a small piece of data (text file) that a website – when visited by a user – asks your browser to store on your device in order to remember information about you, such as your language preference or login information. Those cookies are set by us and called first-party cookies. We also use third party cookies – which are cookies from a domain different than the domain of the website you are visiting – for our advertising and marketing efforts.
- Assisting you in navigation;
- Assisting in registration to our events, login, and your ability to provide feedback;
- Analysing your use of our products, services or applications;
- Assisting with our promotional and marketing efforts (including behavioural advertising).
Our Website is scanned with our cookie scanning tool regularly to maintain a list as accurate as possible. We classify cookies in the following categories:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies
- Performance Cookies
- Functional Cookies
- Targeting Cookies
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button at the bottom of the page or in our Cookie Notice.
Google offers an opt-out mechanism for the web available here.
Please consult our Cookie Notice for more information about the type of cookies and tracking technologies that we use on this Website and why, and how to accept and reject them.
Our Data Protection Officer:
Email Address: DPO@hallandpartners.com
Address: Hall & Partners, Bankside 2, 100 Southwark Street. London SE1 0SW
Attention: Privacy - DPO
This document was last updated on May 25 2018.